Membership fees will remain fixed for another 12 months as one of the decisions taken at the Club’s recent Annual General Meeting.
For the third straight year, the Committee agreed to use sponsorship funds to help subsidise fees, meaning Open Surfers will be $50 and Juniors and Super Groms $30.
ALL surfers have to pay their fees and complete a signed Membership Form before they can compete.
The 2014 Membership Form can be downloaded from the website.
The dates for the new season are also on the website.
Other key AGM decisions include:
- Trial a Girls Division if there are four or more female surfers 16 and under.
- Introduce a second tier of Super Groms if there are four or more members 10 years and under.
- Competition Rules remain the same as for the 2013 season.
- Treasurer’s Report was accepted unanimously. The report shows that the Club remains financially strong and able to meet all its debts and fees, including affiliation fees to Surfing NSW, Third Party Insurance fees and Work Health and Safety fees.
- Purchase a new gas barbecue to allow the cooking and serving of sausage sandwiches at contests.
- Club to pay for a new set of Competition Vests.
- Club to subsidise production of Terry Towelling Hoodies, New T-Shirt and Stickers.
- Strict application of Drop-In Rule.
- Strict application of Rule that non-competitors CAN’T be in the contest zone during heats. The penalty of disqualification will be imposed.
- The Club Committee re-elected Sid Cassidy (President) and John Hvass (Secretary-Treasurer). Vice-Presidents are John Murray, Greg Ferrow, Peter Rachemann, Peter Greig, Dave Harper and Ian “Macca” Maclean (Assistant Contest Director).
The AGM officially thanked the Club’s Sponsors: Dr John Murray Dental Service (Patron), Only Organic Foods, Lipman Construction, Tengirri Surf Charters, WJ Partners, Puresea Surf Shop, STC, Cronulla Travel, PCC Surboards, Cronulla Surf Design, Hot Yogi Australia, Leo Payne the Sausage