Surfers will be able to catch a maximum of six waves in every heat for the 2011 Championship season versus the old rule of four rides.
The boost to wave action was unanimously adopted at the Annual General Meeting.
The rule change (to start with the first event of the season this weekend, waves permitting) will be reviewed after the first four events of the year to ensure it is achieving the hoped-for results.
Placings will still be based on a surfer’s best two highest scoring rides, and the Double Whammy score will remain as is.
Other decisions adopted include:
- Annual Membership fees to remain the same for 2011 (i.e. $50 for Open; $30 for Juniors/SuperGroms/Girls);
- Membership forms available for downloading on the website;
- The membership form needs to be fully completed and lodged (with fees) by every surfer prior to competing in 2011;
- Two events in a month (where applicable) to make-up for contests not held because of poor conditions;
- Age cut-off for Super Groms is 13 and under as at 1 January this year (i.e. you can turn 14 during the year and still qualify);
- Age cut-off for Juniors is 17 and under as at 1 January (i.e. you can turn 18 during the year and still qualify);
- Introduction of a Masters Championship Title (but note, not a separate division of competition) for members aged 45 and above;
- Option for introduction of a separate Girls Division if we have four or more competitors;
- Trophies for 2011 will be for Top 4 in the Open; Top 4 in the Juniors; Top 6 in the Super Groms; and Top 4 in the Girls;
- Drop-in/Interference rule to be strictly enforced;
- The Financial Statement for 2010 was unanimously accepted. The statement, which shows that the Club remains financially in the black, can be made available for viewing by paid-up members on request;
- Public Liability coverage has been secured for 2011. Note that this coverage does not include personal accident insurance. Members are urged to have individual accident/injury coverage;
- The preliminary dates for the 2011 season have been formally accepted. They will be available on the website as soon as they are signed-off by Sutherland Shire Council;
- Approval given for the purchase of new equipment;
- Approval given for a new 2011 Club T-shirt;
- Approval given for the purchase of two new complete sets of Comp Vests;
- The following Officers were unanimously voted in for 2011 – President (Sid Cassidy); Secretary-Treasurer (John Hvass); Vice-Presidents (Jack Horner, Macca Maclean, Greg Ferrow and Mark Campbell); Executive Committee (Matt Mulder, Peter Rackemann, Peter Greig and John Murray);
- Macca Maclean and Mark Campbell were formally approved as Deputy Contest Directors for the 2011 season;
- The meeting moved a vote of thanks for all Sponsors who contributed in 2010;
- The meeting moved a vote of thanks for all the hard work of Webmaster and Photographer Leah Maclean;
- Dr John Murray was unanimously accepted as 2011 Patron Sponsor.
2011 Championship Starts This Weekend
5/6 February with a back-up of 19-20 February.
And please support our sponsors: John Murray Dental Surgeon, Northies, WJ Partners, Lipmann Construction, Tengerri Surf Charters, KJN Surfboards, PCC Surfboards, Puresea Surf Shop, Gando Signs, Leo Payne Sausage King, Cronulla Surf Design and Greg Ferrow Plumbing