A bonza surfing season for the Reef that Rules and the Big Gang of Shoes members was celebrated with stories and laughter on Saturday night at the South Cronulla Bowlo.
Everyone agreed that the 2019 competition program – overseen by Contest Director Guy Turner – was one of the best on record, with competitors across the three major categories – Masters, Juniors, Open – turning on the fireworks bigtime!
- The Big Three performers in the Juniors were: First Place Zai Brown,Second Place Joel Cornock, and third place Alec Durante.
- The Big Three performers in the Masters were: First Place Chris Durante, Second Place Brett Daintryand Third Place Guy Turner.
- The Big Three of the Open were: First Place Matty Cook, Second PlaceLuca Durante, and Third Place Luke Wedesweiler.
- The Highest Placed Under 13 category surfer was Joel Cornock.
- The Inspirational Award went toEvie Fischer.
- The John Murray Inspirational Awardwent to Robin Moore
- New Life Member award went to John Bonello
- The Ron Inman Memorial Award was taken out by Jazmyn Turner
The Event applauded Carol Gillespie for her great work across the year managing the Club’s financials and ensuring the Club is fully covered by insurances and its memberships with the Sutherland Shire and Surfing NSW are secured.
The Event commended Karan Murray for her continued and very special financial support.
Other key sponsors given a great thanks were: Surf Trading Company. PCC Surfboards, Triple Bull.
Members are reminded that the Annual General Meeting will be held at the Cronulla South Bowlo this coming Saturday, 14th December starting at 3pm.